WebTransfer : About WebTransfer
The service behaves differently according to
- whether it is called from within or outside the organisation, and
- whether the email address of the sender is an authorized or other external address.
- Permission for a direct upload
The file can be uploaded immediately
- Sending a Ticket to upload
The sender will receive an email which contains a link. Clicking on this link will allow the data to be uploaded.
- Asking for a confirmation
The person named as the addressee (receiver) will be asked for a confirmation, which gives the sender the right to make the transfer. After the confirmation, the sender will receive an email which contains a Ticket to make the transfer.
For security reasons, all data including times will be logged. The data will be analysed to detect any misuse. Misuse will be punished and the logged data can be used as evidence.
WebTransfer uses various third-party software components: Information and Licenses